Monday, March 2, 2009

The words never spoken...

As i sat in my 11th grade maths class,
I kept looking at the girl next to me
whom I thought of as my 'best friend'..
Every time I looked at her smiling face
even simple additions started going wrong
which I had learnt in my early school days.
I couldnt resist giving a stare,
at her long beautiful silky hair
My mind stopped working on the sine and cosine
and just kept wishing she was mine
But I knew she didnt notice me like that
I wanted to tell her that I dont want to be just a friend
but just kept looking, as I was a bit too shy
and I dont know why...

An year had gone so fast
and time had come for us to part
Yes, it was the day of farewell
and I had made up my mind to finally tell
which I couldnt in the last one year..
She came to shake hands with me
and said she would be missing me
She had no more words to speak
and gave me a kiss on my cheek
I looked at her crystal eyes
and wished she was mine
I wanted to tell her that I dont want to be just a friend
and that I like her
but could just keep looking, as I was a bit too shy
and I dont know why...


Days turned into months and months into year
And one fine day I was surprised to hear
when she called up to invite me
for her birthday party
When I reached her house I was stunned to see
her in a white gown looking like an angel..
I wanted her to be mine but
she didnt notice me like that and I knew it
She gave me the first piece of cake
even before her parents could take..
Once the party was over
I waited at the gate for her
She came close and hugged me
to say "this was my best b'day party ever"
and kissed me on my cheek
I wanted to tell her that I love her
but words went dry, as I was a bit too shy
and I dont know why...

Turning my life to the next page
I could still remember the day of her marriage
She was dressed up in a
white wedding gown with a crystal veil
Her beauty made my words fail
There stood the girl, whom
I once thought as my 'best friend'
Now she is someone else's girl friend..
She came to me and said "you came !,thanks"
and drove off in the car
I wanted to tell her that I still love her
but as ever, could just keep looking
as I was a bit too shy and I dont know why..

Years passed faster than my eyes could blink
Ultimately life has to move on as we all think
I was standing next to a coffin
which had my 'best friend' peacefully sleeping in
I picked up her high school diary lying beside
and started reading what she had written inside
The diary read "I know this guy
who is my 'best friend'... I keep looking at him
wishing he was mine,
but I knew he did not look at me like that.
I wish he loved me too and pray everyday
that he comes to me to say 'I Love You'
because I just couldnt say, as I feel a bit too shy
and I dont know why.."

No comments: