Looking back at my past
with all the memories that last
Gives me so much of fun and pain,
that creates the longing to live it again.
Remembering my classmates during my college years,
my eyes are filled with tears..
I wish life was a tape recorder
to play and enjoy those days over and over...
We would keep talking for hours together
with absolutely nothing over us to bother.
Everyone now has a life of their own
and their voices are not heard even over the phone..
My friend who used to sit next to me
is now thousands of miles across the sea
I wish life was just a truck with a reverse gear
to travel backwards and bring back all the cheer
saw my girl,whom I once thought of as my best friend
yesterday with a guy, hand in hand..
heard she is happy and getting married to him
the next month, that made me smile.
All those back bench games to the nick names,
project reviews to the job interviews,
short lived crushes and the canteen dishes,
practical rehearsals to the love proposals..
All of them still looks fresh in the mind
wish I had an option to rewind..
Ten of us used to eat on a single plate
and never did we think of a factor called fate
Till the day came when we had to part,
when we returned home with a heavy heart.
I do not know if I would meet them all again ever
but those memories would be cherished forever...
If only god would grant me a wish
I would ask for a day in my college again....
No comments:
Post a Comment