Monday, March 2, 2009

Trying to be a poet..

I did not know till yesterday
when people would say
there is a brown coloured choco bar
which is called a 5 star ...
i knew neither how it tastes,
nor how it looks
till my friend actually got one.
Since she had got just one
I didnt want to involve myself in
and wished she alone had all the fun..

It wasnt just one as I thought,
but was a pack of 6 she had got
Once the pack was open
as you know what would happen
each had taken one and
only i had to miss out all the fun
she did not remember me
or never wanted me in the eating spree
whatever had she thought
i had found a reason to be fought.

only later did i come to know
all about this candy show
i wanted to ask her why
she had not invited me for the party
but just buried it within me
with a deep sigh
i could still remember
the days i had showed her
how to share whatever we have in hand
with all those who stand
around us without any fuss..

but i couldnt resist asking why
even though i was a bit shy
i asked her where is my
share of the star
and why didnt she keep me on par
with the rest
all she had for a reply
was a quarter of the choco bar
not willing to take the argument any far.

I didnt know till yesterday
when people would say
there is a brown coloured choco bar
which is called a 5 star
i knew neither how it tastes
nor how it looks
Now that i have tasted a small part
I would imagine how it would be like
when she had actually bought
Just because i didnt want to break
my friend's heart.....

No comments: